Monday, May 11, 2009

Will Sell Out for Compliments

I swallowed the remainder of my dwindling pride on Saturday night and went to McDonald's (this was a mere 3 hours after eating chicken fingers and fries left over from a child's lunch), but then something magical happened. As I sheepishly took my change from the girl at the drive-thru window, she looked at me and said, "you're pretty". Two words and all of a sudden I didn't care about the 5000 calories I was about to consume. She said I was pretty, and for that moment, that's all I needed to hear to feel better about my lack of will-power...then I discovered a second quarter pound patty on my already quarter pound burger....maybe she thought that was what I was after when I dressed up and hit the drive-thru. Maybe this was a McDonald's staff flirt tactic, like throwing in another patty is the equivalent of writing down her phone number on the receipt. Whatever the case, I did not eat the second patty. The second patty is laying on the sidewalk of Hurontario Street. I may sell out for a compliment, but I cannot be bought with a double quarter pounder with cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment