Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Does Skinny FEEL Better than Food TASTES?

My good friend Melissa was telling me about a family member who was trying to shed some pounds, and every time she craved a french fry she would remind herself that skinny would feel better than the french fry would taste. Hmmm...

Let's see...I'm sure I would feel much better if I didn't have to fasten my summer capri's with an elastic band because I'm too fat to do them up. I'm sure I would feel MUCH better if I wasn't walking around with a camel toe because my pants are too tight. I'm serious. I could hold a pencil with the toe I have going on right now. Disgusting.

So why is it that whenever I'm staring at that piece of cheese cake, or bowl of chips, or slice of pizza, I can't remember how unattractive it all looks when it attaches itself to my hips?

Truth is, food makes me happy. Eating is a part of the day that I look forward to, but I managed to be just as happy when I was eliminating the cakes and chips and pizza, because I started noticing immediate results and it felt really, really good.

Maybe Melissa's family member was onto something...I'll let you know :)

2 comments:

  1. The weight watchers chant "nothing tastes as good as thing feels"...clearly they must have forgotten what a warm fresh french fry feels like....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldn't know... I never was skinny. (*but i find it hard to believe)

    ReplyDelete