Thursday, May 7, 2009

Constant Struggle

So I didn't eat the burger yesterday, but I needed something substantial so I had pasta from Tuckers Express Kitchen...it was whole wheat, and it wasn't a heavy sauce, but I'm still mad at myself anyway...mostly because I had pizza for dinner last night. So much for my break-up with cheese. Why is this so hard??

This morning I had a muffin - SO. BAD. In Weight Watchers terms, I've just consumed enough points for breakfast and lunch combined. Obviously I'm not off to a great start.

When you think about it, there are very few things in life that you have full control over, but one thing you can control - the most important thing - is yourself. When it comes to eating a muffin or a yogurt, I'm the one who makes the final decision, so why can't I persuade myself to make the right decision? I guess that's the million dollar question.

2 comments:

  1. So deep...so true. We are the hardest to control and it's because of temptation!!! We need to break up with temptation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that C is the only one commenting on your journey...I'm sorry that I'm not more involved. It doesn't mean I don't love you...P.S. just pulled out our Cuba pics (circa 2004). Post one of those puppies up on your fridge and that should help. We were paper-thin.

    ReplyDelete