Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tonight, We Feast!

Tonight my friend Christine's coming over for dinner. I'm preparing what I'm referring to as "Our Last Supper", pasta in an olive oil and white wine sauce (WINE!) with sauteed onions, peppers and garlic. Definitely not a low cal meal, but why not go out with a bang? Tomorrow we'll go back to Lean Cuisines and Weight Watchers frozen dinners. Nothing like a fist sized portion of bland chicken and mushy vegetables. Mmmmm...

For some reason I can't recall the types of meals I prepared when I was on the Weight Watchers meal plan. It's like it's a part of my life that my brain has repressed for depriving myself of my favourite foods. It comes back to me in fragments; a flash of a turkey burger; a sandwich on paper thin bread; a bite sized piece of chocolate that I referred to as "dessert".

Of course, considering that it was really my mother who was preparing my meals, it's not so hard to understand my memory loss. Actually, that brings up a very valid point. It's much easier to abide by a diet when someone else has control over what you're eating. I have too much free reign living on my own! That, and I'm too lazy to prepare two separate meals for myself and my husband. It really is unfair to live with a man who can eat whatever he wants and still maintain a solid and lean physique. And let's be honest, if it was the other way around, I wouldn't want to eat steamed veggies and fish if I really didn't have to.

I feel like the more I talk this out, the more I talk MYSELF out of actually taking the necessary steps to lose weight.

I'm my own worst enemy.

1 comment:

  1. This is why celebs have rock hard bodies..they have no control over what goes in and how they work out....

    ReplyDelete