Thursday, June 11, 2009

Craving the Forbidden Fruit

It's been a month since I last ate McDonald's. You may remember the incident when the drive-thru girl hit on me by adding another patty to my Quarter Pounder. Okay, I'm sure it was an innocent coincidence, but it was a little suspicious.

So my friend Justyna from sentinforrepair decided to document the not-so-healthy meals that she's been treating herself to in an attempt to not hide from the "grossness she's been putting into her body"(or something like that). I think it's a brilliant idea from a very creative mind. Unfortunately, all it's done for me is make me crave a Cheeseburger Happymeal. For days!

I'm a very hungry girl right now. I went through some pictures recently, which ranged from just before my wedding in September, to December. This catapulted my desire to get thin, so I've really been trying to crack down over the last couple of days. I've had some minor slip-ups here and there (like last night, after 3 tacos somehow didn't satisfy me, I ended up eating the left over cheese out of the bowl with a spoon) but for the most part I've been doing pretty well. It actually seems ridiculous considering it's only been three days, but weight loss is a minute by minute, hour by hour struggle.

As I've said before, the battle is only within. I can do this, but I have to fight with myself all day long. If I applied the same negotiation tactics I use on myself, to my job every day, I'd be incredibly successful.

Today I'm only consuming enough points for the day that will allow me to give into my craving for a Cheeseburger Happymeal tonight. The sad truth is that I will still be hungry after.

2 comments:

  1. Shreeded cheese with a spoon is CLASSIC..will never forget that moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. best line ever! i was going to coment on that, but chrstine beat me to it! hilarious! T, thanks for the shout out!!! hahahaha (*ill pay you later)

    ReplyDelete